Story written by David Phillips from BleacherReport.com
The Virginia Tech Hokies should be between No. 7 and No. 10 in the nation for the college football preseason rankings. Tyrod Taylor is 13-2 as a starter and only Michael Vick has a better record as a starter under Coach Frank Beamer.
With the solid defense and special teams and with Taylor, Ryan Williams, and Derren Evans on offense, the Hokies should be able to contend for there third straight ACC title, and we could be talking BSC title game if the stars align and we run the table in the ACC and last year proved that you could drop a game early in the season but not later.
With Taylor you have a guy who can make plays when other plays breakdown but he also had to many sacks last season this will also be Taylors first season as the solo starting quarterback.
We could be seeing the next "Untouchables" in Williams and Evans and Tech can get back to the option and a lot of wins. I predicted Tech to go 11-2 in a story earlier; only time will tell, but there are big expectations for the Hokies.
Bud Foster always has his defense ready, so, even after losing Macho Harris and Brett Warren to the NFL Draft, he should still have a solid defensive game.
Mistakes and misfortune were last year's downfalls.
The Hokies should be able to rebound well and have a great season.
- I'm So Sick Of Hearing About Tim Tebow's "You'll N...
- Pac-10 Conference: Team by Team 2009 Preview
- 2009 West Virginia Mountaineers -- Will Bill Stewa...
- Georgia Football '09: Dawgs To Be Excited About
- 2009 Way Too Early Preseason Top 10 (Updated)
- Is Ole Miss a Victim of Its Own Success?
- The Va Tech Hokies' Have High Expections For 2009
- Boise State Football: There Is No Life Beyond Bron...
- SEC-Owned ESPN vs. Ohio State: The "Style Points" ...
- ▼ March (9)